It’s now about a week or so into the new year, and I’m very relieved to report that I have recovered my lapsed ambition.
I had lost or misplaced it in December, and it was amazing how much things slow down without it.
Last year was an amazingly varied and rewarding one. I did a lot of very unexpected things, had adventures all over the map, and met some really delightful people. It was almost all unscheduled, or at least in January of 2013, totally over the horizon and out of view, so I can only assume that the marvelous things in store for 2014 that are likewise invisible to me will soon fill my vision and cause my eyes to bug out. Exciting!
I am of course not leaving anything up to chance. I’m planning and scheming and dreaming, and in every way I know, flexing my refreshed ambition.
I think I was just a little spent! America’s Got Talent, Parks & Recreation, Jimpressions, animation, TV appearances, interviews, audiobooks… Sheesh!
The main thrust for 2014 is, to create many more entertaining, enlightening and fun things to show you, and to collaborate with other artists to bring about some new works that will stun and amaze, and make the world at least a tiny bit better place for all.
I’m planning on pushing myself a lot, doing things that, frankly, will take a bit of doing. It’s time for me to reach far, and push myself farther and harder than ever before. I’m not just giving myself a pep talk here, I am actually only interested in doing something new and challenging; I can’t be bothered to do the same old things anymore. Been there, done that!
So, to that end, here are some of the targets:
• The NEW live JIMPRESSIONS show–upgraded, revamped, retooled and supercharged. Watch for JIMPRESSIONS 2014 sometime in March and get ready to ACCEPT IMITATIONS!
• Eight episodes of season one of the webseries, THE IMPRESSION GUYS, starring myself and actor/impressionist Ross Marquand, written and directed by the talented and hard working Ben Shelton, to be released very soon.
• Weekly hilarious videos at www.youtube.com/jimmeskimen that explore my impressions, characters and creations in a bigger, better way. More from Professor Knestor, of course…
• A book about doing impressions for fun and profit…
• Speaking engagements, live shows, readings, MCing events…
• And, somehow, someway, more paintings & drawings.
Then of course, there are those as yet unseen things over the horizon– I wonder what they will bring…
In short, life is in me today, and I don’t plan on wasting any of it.
I’m glad you are sharing life’s abundance with me!
What about you? What do you insist your 2014 will contain? (You have to insist, you know…)
Happy New Year!